The King Cup is a long established competition contested by East of Scotland FA member clubs who are also members of the East of Scotland League. Up until recently, Lowland League clubs also took part but this ceased for the 2015-16 competition.
This year’s entry of thirteen clubs is up two from last season with Preston Athletic (relegated from the Lowland League) and Kelty Hearts (converts from junior football) taking part.
The format is straight knockout.
2017-18 COMPETITION (2016-17)
- Burntisland Shipyard 2-7 Kelty Hearts (Mar 24, post Mar 3)
- Eyemouth United 0-3 Coldstream (Mar 24, post Mar 3)
- Peebles Rovers 1-8 Preston Athletic (Mar 24, post Mar 3)
- Stirling University EOS 3-1 Tweedmouth Rangers (Apr 14, post Mar 3,24)
- Lothian Thistle HV 1-2 Leith Athletic (May 9, post Mar 7)
- Heriot Watt University 1-5 Kelty Hearts (Apr 14)
- Preston Athletic 3-2 Ormiston (Apr 14)
- Tynecastle 2-1 Coldstream (May 12)
- Leith Athletic 1-0 Stirling University EOS (May 14)
- Kelty Hearts 8-1 Leith Athletic (May 18)
- Tynecastle 1-2 Preston Athletic (May 18)
Final (May 26)
- Kelty Hearts – Preston Athletic (May 26 @ Kings Park, Dalkeith)