The Alex Jack Cup is a well established competition contested by clubs from the East of Scotland FA who are not full members of the Scottish Football Association or are otherwise qualified to compete in the Scottish Cup.
Thirty clubs took part last season, a record entry, but that figure has reduced to twenty-two this year, thanks to several recent East of Scotland League entrants obtaining club licences and joining the SFA. Haddington Athletic are barred from competing after breaching the rules last term.
Camelon Juniors won the cup last year but are not participating this year after qualifying for the Scottish Cup on the basis of winning a play-off against the Southern Counties Alba Cup winners.
The competition format is straight knockout.
2019-20 COMPETITION (2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19)
First Round (Aug 10 unless stated)
- Bo’ness United 5-1 Newtongrange Star (@ New Victoria Park)
- Crossgates Primrose 0-2 Glenrothes
- Dunbar United 3-0 Dunipace
- Heriot Watt University 2-3 Tranent Juniors
- Peebles Rovers 0-6 Musselburgh Athletic (@ Olivebank Stadium)
- Arniston Rangers 0-2 Kinnoull (Aug 31, post Aug 10)
Second Round (Aug 31 unless stated)
- Dalkeith Thistle 0-1 Oakley United
- Edinburgh United 2-1 Glenrothes
- Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 3-0 Tweedmouth Rangers
- Musselburgh Athletic 3-1 Bo’ness United
- Ormiston 0-3 Sauchie Juniors
- Tranent Juniors 2-1 St Andrews United
- Kinnoull 1-0 Leith Athletic (Sep 21)
Dunbar United wo-scr Craigroyston– Craigroyston unable to raise team
Quarter Finals (Sep 21 unless stated)
- Edinburgh United 4-0 Sauchie Juniors
- Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 1-4 Musselburgh Athletic
- Tranent Juniors 1-2 Dunbar United
- Kinnoull 1-2 Oakley United (Oct 12)
Semi Finals (Oct 19)
- Oakley United 2-1 Dunbar United
- Musselburgh Athletic 3-2 Edinburgh United
Final (Nov 24)
- Musselburgh Athletic 4-2 Oakley United (@ New Victoria Park) – att 592